September 29, 2008, 12:17:49 PM
News: Don't miss the exclusive signed poster giveaway!  See the News forum for details.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Exclusive Signed Poster Giveaway  (Read 3122 times)
Brett
Asshole #1
Administrator

I'm a migrating moose on the prairie, loose.

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« on: June 23, 2008, 08:32:40 PM »

This drawing is now over.  Thanks to all who participated!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the generous folks of Iron & Wine, Passingafternoon.com will be giving away 10 autographed posters to site members.  To be eligible to win one of these autographed posters, you must have been a member of the site since June 22, 2008.  You must also enter your name and current email address through a PM to me (click My Messages at the top menu, New Message on the left under Messages, to Brett with the subject "Poster Giveaway").  The deadline for entering your name for drawing is July 6, 2008.  After the deadline, 10 names will be drawn randomly to win one of the autographed posters.

If you have any questions at all, post here or send me a PM.

Again, to be eligible to win this free giveaway, you must:

1.  Have been a member of this site since June 22, 2008.
2.  PM me your name and current email address.

Here are images of 6 of the posters.  Posters will be sent randomly, so please do not request one before the drawing.

Deadline for submitting your name for drawing is July 6, 2008.  Names will be selected the week of July 7, 2008.  Once selected, the winners will be notified and will be asked for a mailing address.  If you are uncomfortable giving away your mailing address to me for any reason, I can send your email to those at Iron & Wine who will be mailing the posters and you can set it up that way.  Winners are not responsible for postage costs.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 09:53:06 PM by Brett » Logged

My Record Collection || My Blog
“When the Sun Falls & You Lose Your Sight in the Dark Night of the World, Listen for the Sound of Your Friends Singing.”
ComingNight
16, Maybe Less

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 01:20:11 AM »

Oh wow, this sounds amazing.  Good luck to all who enter! 
Jeff
Asshole #2
Administrator

Aw Come Aw Wry

sailinjeffnk
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 09:37:17 AM »

good thing I registered 41,000 aliases on June 21.
Good luck winning anything, losers!

MRadfordG
Big Pimpin'

I really, really like top ramen.

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 01:51:15 PM »

This is going to sound very technologically impaired, but what exactly is a "PM?"

". . . Remember me, my misery, and how it lost me all I wanted. . ."
Jeff
Asshole #2
Administrator

Aw Come Aw Wry

sailinjeffnk
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 02:21:43 PM »

a "personal message"

Brett
Asshole #1
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 03:12:17 PM »

Quote from: Brett
PM to me (click My Messages at the top menu, New Message on the left under Messages, to Brett with the subject "Poster Giveaway"). 

“When the Sun Falls & You Lose Your Sight in the Dark Night of the World, Listen for the Sound of Your Friends Singing.”
skepticsightsten
Old Fashioned Speaker

OMG ITZ BANJO TYME!

Email
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 05:13:12 PM »

lawlz.

All I know is that it takes nine months to make a son and about 2.8 seconds to throw him off a roof.
Brett
Asshole #1
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 05:16:20 PM »

images of 6 of the posters now in the original message!

Jeff
Asshole #2
Administrator

Aw Come Aw Wry

sailinjeffnk
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 05:22:10 PM »

That one with the church is so good!

wholeftyouso
Naked As We Came

Email
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 08:41:04 PM »

I like them all. All the Iron & Wine posters I have seen have looked great and very original, but expensive. I so hope I am selected as I live in the Southeast and for some reason Sam just isn't interested in coming any where near here, not near me anyways. I've sent several diplomatic begging emails, asking them to consider making a stop in my city. Every time I wear my I & W shirt someone says something so I would assume there is a fan base here. But then again, every person who says something mentions Garden State, a movie I haven't seen and have no real interest in seeing. Perhaps the "fan base" here has no idea what Sam's musical library really offers.

I agree, the one with the church is great. And I really like the one with the bird too!

Man, there are going to be like several thousand entries!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:47:23 PM by wholeftyouso » Logged
Brett
Asshole #1
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 10:48:27 PM »

about 100 in the running right now in just one day.  great to see everyone coming out of the woodwork.  i hope for this to really generate some more interest in this site and to help us legitimize our cause here to get the wonderful music of sam out to anyone and everyone.

jheberle
16, Maybe Less

Email
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 11:09:09 PM »

wow those are all really great.
ddn12
Emilio Estevez Enthusiast

Email
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 07:05:33 AM »

Those all look good. I would love to get the one from this tour though.
oliverlock
Each Coming Night

The Years Seal Their Beauty

oliverlock@hotmail.com
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 12:33:58 PM »

Do I assume that an IP cross check is made to prevent duplicate entries from people?

I really love the first one and the one with the church.
Jeff
Asshole #2
Administrator

Aw Come Aw Wry

sailinjeffnk
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 02:29:50 PM »

Its probably pretty unlikely that someone would register a bunch of names without knowing about the contest, and you had to have been a member at least the day before it was posted.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to: