May 27, 2010, 02:12:44 PM
News: Check out the tees, hoodies, and totes available at Ironandwine.com
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: The Hockey Thread  (Read 1668 times)
mr_potroast
Upward Over The Mountain

mr_potroast@hotmail.com
Email
« on: October 19, 2008, 05:47:27 AM »

So, any of you guys hockey buffs? I'm an Av's fan personally, but seeing as Montreal is my home town I like them too, which used to be a weird combination.
Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 11:53:48 AM »

huge flyers fan.  and it is very painful right now.

"No more robots, no more talking with computers.  This song was recorded on a computer... There's so much wrong with that.
mr_potroast
Upward Over The Mountain

mr_potroast@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 10:46:27 AM »

yeah, ouch.
well the avs seems set for another very average year. i'm a little tired of waiting for talent to come through. looks like superjoe will be gone before colorado sees another cup  Sad
Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 07:09:34 PM »

i find it hard to be concerned right now with the phils in the series.  ill start to get really upset once that is over and if the flyers still cant win a game.  theyll come around, theyre a solid team.

"No more robots, no more talking with computers.  This song was recorded on a computer... There's so much wrong with that.
Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 09:46:22 PM »

alright...the flyers won a game.  the season can start now.

mr_potroast
Upward Over The Mountain

mr_potroast@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 11:32:47 PM »

haha, no longer last in the east. be proud of them brett
i'm getting pumped up for the soon to start nba season aswell. let me guess, you're a 76er's fan?
Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 11:35:17 PM »

im an avid nba hater.  love ncaa though.  actually a syracuse fan for ncaa basketball though.

mr_potroast
Upward Over The Mountain

mr_potroast@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 12:25:02 PM »

why do you hate the nba so?
Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 12:32:15 PM »

im one of the believers that its degraded into streetball.  basketball fundamentally is an incredible game with the ability for strategy, running plays, working the ball around, patience, etc.  strategies and plays run much like a controlled game of soccer.  and that was a beautiful thing, and its still seen in a lot of college basketball (which is why i love ncaa).  but the nba has become such the opposite of that, for the most part.  its a bunch of selfish stars that want to drive the lane and dunk over someone on every play.  its losing a lot of ground as a sport and i believe last year, was even ranked as the 4th most popular of the 4 majors due to a lot of these reasons.  its a dying league if somethings not done about it.

ddn12
Emilio Estevez Enthusiast

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 04:20:37 PM »

im one of the believers that its degraded into streetball.  basketball fundamentally is an incredible game with the ability for strategy, running plays, working the ball around, patience, etc.  strategies and plays run much like a controlled game of soccer.  and that was a beautiful thing, and its still seen in a lot of college basketball (which is why i love ncaa).  but the nba has become such the opposite of that, for the most part.  its a bunch of selfish stars that want to drive the lane and dunk over someone on every play.  its losing a lot of ground as a sport and i believe last year, was even ranked as the 4th most popular of the 4 majors due to a lot of these reasons.  its a dying league if somethings not done about it.

I have nothing to add. I'm just going to sign my name and pretend that I said it.

Douglas
brandie
Upward Over The Mountain

oobrandie327oo
Email
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 08:21:50 PM »

oversized egos and oversized wallets trying to one up each other

anyway, go flyers?
mr_potroast
Upward Over The Mountain

mr_potroast@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 10:00:27 AM »

i would disagree. in the teams doing well these days there's a trend towards better basketball i think. team's like san antonio (and my raptors) going for more european players that play hard nosed ball. it's also nice to see a few teams focusing on defence for once
brandie
Upward Over The Mountain

oobrandie327oo
Email
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 01:39:29 PM »

i heard the other day that hockey, similar to football, is looking to go international? is that true?  i'm not really excited about football trying to expand but I didn't know hockey was doing it too. 
mr_potroast
Upward Over The Mountain

mr_potroast@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 09:57:51 PM »

well technically it already has, canada is another country  Tongue. But it makes more sense to do so with hockey than football, there are already some big hockey leagues in Europe. I have no idea where they're going to get the market for football elsewhere. Every continent aside from North America is either caught up with soccer or rugby (or like us crazy aussies, our own brand of football). While they might get audiences overseas to some extent, the vast majority of players will still come from the US.
Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 12:37:57 AM »

they already did.  they opened the first few games of the season over in prague and stockholm.  but yea, hockey is already huge in many european and asian countries.  its quite a different story than our american football that most of the world hates.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: