May 27, 2010, 02:10:44 PM
News: Check out the tees, hoodies, and totes available at Ironandwine.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: The Hockey Thread  (Read 1667 times)
mr_potroast
Upward Over The Mountain

mr_potroast@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2009, 12:21:10 AM »

Colorado 4 Detroit 3

that is so sweet
Skeptic
Old Fashioned Speaker
Global Moderator

OMG ITZ BANJO TYME!

Email
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2009, 08:49:28 AM »

7-1-0! Woot. And that is so sweet about Colorado.

All I know is that it takes nine months to make a son and about 2.8 seconds to throw him off a roof.
mr_potroast
Upward Over The Mountain

mr_potroast@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2009, 08:47:36 AM »

9-1-2  Wink
Skeptic
Old Fashioned Speaker
Global Moderator

OMG ITZ BANJO TYME!

Email
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2009, 11:26:57 PM »

10-2. Jesus Penguins. 6-1? Crosby hat trick? Kunitz breaking his no goal-streak? Bill Guerin (my favorite player) with three assists? If we can just do that 70 or so more times, I'll be happy for the rest of my life.

All I know is that it takes nine months to make a son and about 2.8 seconds to throw him off a roof.
mr_potroast
Upward Over The Mountain

mr_potroast@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2009, 12:15:39 AM »

10-2. Jesus Penguins. 6-1? Crosby hat trick? Kunitz breaking his no goal-streak? Bill Guerin (my favorite player) with three assists? If we can just do that 70 or so more times, I'll be happy for the rest of my life.

Happy until colorado beat you in the stanley cup finals  Tongue
Skeptic
Old Fashioned Speaker
Global Moderator

OMG ITZ BANJO TYME!

Email
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2009, 06:22:35 PM »

Hahaha...we'll see. Unfortunately for both of us, hockey is an incredibly hard sport to keep winning in. As the Penguins proved last year, a lot of teams that suck pretty bad through the beginning and middle of the season can come back...

mr_potroast
Upward Over The Mountain

mr_potroast@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2010, 03:05:59 AM »

Bump for the East Conference Finals. The Canadiens pegged one back on you Brett, how do you think you shape up?
Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2010, 05:10:44 PM »

i think thats a loss that the flyers desperately needed.  if anyone thought they were gonna sweep the habs, theyre insane.  with the run they were coming off of (5 wins in a row including a comeback from down 3-0 in a series with game 7 being down 3-0 after the first and 170 minutes of shutout hockey) a loss was bound to happen.  they got that out of the way, now they can continue to play solid hockey and stomp the habs like last year.

and then get trampled in the stanley cup by the clearly dominant west.

"No more robots, no more talking with computers.  This song was recorded on a computer... There's so much wrong with that.
mr_potroast
Upward Over The Mountain

mr_potroast@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »

I dono, if Halak stays hot the flyers won't have a chance. He basically single handedly won the habs first two series
Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2010, 11:58:48 AM »

halak wasnt that hot, and you arent "hot" for a period of one game.  the flyers barely had any worthwhile chances, taking shit shots from the point and rushing bad angle shots.

"No more robots, no more talking with computers.  This song was recorded on a computer... There's so much wrong with that.
mr_potroast
Upward Over The Mountain

mr_potroast@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2010, 06:23:10 AM »

halak wasnt that hot, and you arent "hot" for a period of one game.  the flyers barely had any worthwhile chances, taking shit shots from the point and rushing bad angle shots.

Halak was very hot in the first two series. He's basically been doing what Giguere did for Anaheim a while back. Although I've gotta hope for another comeback miracle now
Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2010, 01:04:12 PM »

well yea he certainly was hot before the flyers.  but that ended with the first 2 games, then he played a good game in game 3, and now is back to average.  i dont feel halak is a deciding factor in this series.  its the matchups.

Skeptic
Old Fashioned Speaker
Global Moderator

OMG ITZ BANJO TYME!

Email
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2010, 04:43:40 PM »

Speaking of hockey, I was sad to see the Pens go, but it just didn't really seem like their year again. Never meshed as well as last season. In other hockey news, in a deck game today, I scored 1G and 2As: first goal of the game and assisted on the game-winner. Awwwwww yeeeaaaa.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to: