April 03, 2009, 10:04:17 PM
News: 2cd/3lp rarities album 'Around The Well'  to be released May 19.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: New Iron & Wine Site With Exclusive Downloads  (Read 3001 times)
Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

I can't say it, so I'll just let the wind

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« on: December 22, 2008, 03:16:55 PM »

Iron & Wine has introduced a new site design.  With this design comes an exclusive download of select demo versions from the Shepherd's Dog.  Head on over to the site to check it out and listen to the free exclusive tracks.

And along with the new site, Iron & Wine was generous enough to add a link to PassingAfternoon.com in their links section!!!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 03:20:24 PM by Brett » Logged

"No more robots, no more talking with computers.  This song was recorded on a computer... There's so much wrong with that.
skepticsightsten
Old Fashioned Speaker

OMG ITZ BANJO TYME!

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 03:37:47 PM »

The new site is looking pretty awesome.  Downloading the tracks now...

EDIT: The alternate tracks sound pretty awesome.  I'm sure some of the members who miss the stripped down sound will appreciate them greatly.  Also, there are 8 tracks, but they're tagged on iTunes as being part of 11.  Veerrrry interesting...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 03:55:35 PM by skepticsightsten » Logged

All I know is that it takes nine months to make a son and about 2.8 seconds to throw him off a roof.
stonge9
Naked As We Came

stonge9
Email
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 04:29:57 PM »

I love the train graffiti graphic
Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 06:32:40 PM »

this just makes me so happy guys.

"No more robots, no more talking with computers.  This song was recorded on a computer... There's so much wrong with that.
mr_potroast
Someday The Waves

mr_potroast@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 06:48:18 PM »

I love the train graffiti graphic

yeah it's cool.
the demos are interesting, anybody know if they were recorded in sam's home studio?

haha brett, we're all happy too  Smiley
Rosenort
Naked As We Came

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 07:24:18 PM »

I'm not seeing it, same old site for me, its www.ironandwine.com right?
Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 07:26:46 PM »

refresh the site with F5.  the old site is probably just still in your cache.

skepticsightsten
Old Fashioned Speaker

OMG ITZ BANJO TYME!

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 07:33:22 PM »

These demos are really a great supplement to the album.  Where the album emphasized the instrumentation, these emphasize the lyrics.  Really great balance.

All I know is that it takes nine months to make a son and about 2.8 seconds to throw him off a roof.
mr_potroast
Someday The Waves

mr_potroast@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 08:04:38 PM »

These demos are really a great supplement to the album.  Where the album emphasized the instrumentation, these emphasize the lyrics.  Really great balance.

couldn't have put it better myself
4 horsemen
The Asshole Returneth

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 08:27:28 PM »

Unintentionally hilarious - probably the most unlikely graffiti image ever.  Like hobos painted it out of beard envy? It's too bad the graphic is an obvious paste job -  someone at "Haven Creative" could use a photoshop tutorial.

Though the demos were perty, It'd still be nice to strand Sam on an island with only that 4 track again. 
David Cross on Mr. Show: "People were not meant to hear music with such clarity! People need to hear snaps and pops and that shit!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCumH8LRo1A 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 08:38:27 PM by 4 horsemen » Logged
redhawk41
16, Maybe Less

Email
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 09:09:54 PM »

I'm usually a dunce when it comes to computers, so please forgive me. For some reason I can't get the new site to come up, as in the old site keeps coming up. I've hit refresh a few times and cleared my cache. Any other suggestions?
oliverlock
Sunset Soon Forgotten

The Years Seal Their Beauty

oliverlock@hotmail.com
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 09:13:12 PM »

Redhawk41, try clearing your personal data via the tools.

I can't get the songs to show up in iTunes. I've attempted to drag them in but they're not showing up... Huh...
stonge9
Naked As We Came

stonge9
Email
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 10:20:07 PM »

Congrats on the link Brett, very cool to see.
hannah
Anyone up for tetherball?

rawkstarr101
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 12:17:29 AM »

Unintentionally hilarious - probably the most unlikely graffiti image ever.  Like hobos painted it out of beard envy? It's too bad the graphic is an obvious paste job -  someone at "Haven Creative" could use a photoshop tutorial.

haha I had the exact same thought. not about the beard envy. about the bad photoshopping.

The sun will shine on you again, a bell will ring inside your head, and all will be brand new.
Justin
Beneath The Balcony

Formerly "nearlybeloved"

Email
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 04:42:58 AM »

Whoa, the newbies would be registering by the thousands just to call you guys assholes if this new demo set hadn't been made widely available on the official site!

It's also an interesting vindication of the experimentation on Shepherd's Dog.  Most of these demos are, frankly, a little boring by comparison and sound like they could've been lifted straight off OEND. The same kind of thing those grumpy old folkies who gripe about the "The Kitchen Sink" direction would be busting his hirsute chops for instead if he'd stuck with more of the same. This is how Sam should release all his albums from now on, his vision of the record and demos to go with it. Y'know, sorta like how Shania Twain does a "country" and "pop" version of all her songs.   

Still, very cool on all accounts. Congrats on the link. This site has always been as good or better than the official ones anyways. 

« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 04:47:36 AM by Justin » Logged

http://boytheearthtalksto.deviantart.com

To do list: find, destroy Atlantis
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: