February 28, 2010, 02:26:12 AM
News: Check out the tees, hoodies, and totes available at Ironandwine.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: Live Album for Record Store Day  (Read 4304 times)
stonge9
Each Coming Night

stonge9
Email
« on: March 20, 2009, 12:55:11 AM »

As part (widely recognized throughout the Sub Pop offices as one of the best parts) of the second annual Record Store Day, Sub Pop will release limited-edition 45s from Flight of the Conchords, Blitzen Trapper, Obits, and Vetiver, as well as an 18-track CD featuring a live set from Iron & Wine’s 2005 tour in support of Woman King.  These special releases will be available at over 700 independently owned record stores in the USon April 18th, 2009. 

To find a participating store, go to: http://www.recordstoreday.com/venues.

Sub Pop will release an 18-track live set from Iron & Wine’s Woman King tour, recorded at the NorVa in Norfolk, Virginia on June 20th, 2005. This live CD features die-cut packaging and a dust sleeve that replicates Sub Pop’s 2009 Record Store Day 45s in a size more appropriate for CDs.

About Record Store Day:
Record Store Day is the one day each year that all independently owned record stores come together with artists to celebrate the art of music. Special vinyl and CD releases and various promotional products are made exclusively for the day and hundreds of artists in the United Statesand in various countries across the globe make special appearances and performances. Festivities include performances, cook-outs, body painting, meet & greets with artists, parades, DJs spinning records, and on and on. Metallica officially kicked off Record Store Day at Rasputin Music in San Franscisco on April 19, 2008 and Record Store Day is now celebrated the third Saturday every April.
A Record Store Day participating store is defined as a physical retailer whose product line consists of at least 50% music retail, whose company is not publicly traded and whose ownership is at least 70% located in the state of operation. (In other words, we’re dealing with real, live, physical, indie record stores—not online retailers or corporate behemoths).  http://www.vvinyl.com/record_store_day/

Iron and Wine - Norfolk 6-20-05

Track Listing:
1. Sunset Soon Forgotten
2. Jezebel
3. Woman King
4. Free Until They Cut Me Down
5. Evening on the Ground (Lilith's Song)
6. Love and Some Verses
7. Bird Stealing Bread
8. The Night Descending
9. Naked As We Came
10. Communion Cups and Someone's Coat
11. Fever Dream
12. On Your Wings
13. Freedom Hangs Like Heaven
14. Upward Over The Mountain
15. Teeth In The Grass
16. Southern Anthem
17. My Lady's House
18. The Trapeze Swinger
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 03:45:52 PM by Brett » Logged
Skeptic
Old Fashioned Speaker
Global Moderator

OMG ITZ BANJO TYME!

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 02:12:19 AM »

Looks like a good set.  I like the shows from around this time period...

All I know is that it takes nine months to make a son and about 2.8 seconds to throw him off a roof.
yutzie
Sunset Soon Forgotten

Your shrimp count's too high! We need white wine!

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 08:46:32 AM »

Well, crap for me. Who's going? I think Brett should pick up some copies for the faithful PAer's and distribute them as gifts for us being so cool all the time.

Greate music for greate people.
Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 09:00:13 PM »

well, i have official confirmation that this is legit.  more info on this will be released sometime in the next week.

"No more robots, no more talking with computers.  This song was recorded on a computer... There's so much wrong with that.
ddn12
Emilio Estevez Enthusiast

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 08:54:39 PM »

I know there is more info coming, but do we know if this is going to be on vinyl?
mr_potroast
Upward Over The Mountain

mr_potroast@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 03:56:27 AM »

*sigh* i forsee a long wait for an overpriced cd shipped form the US..
stonge9
Each Coming Night

stonge9
Email
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 10:50:07 AM »

I know there is more info coming, but do we know if this is going to be on vinyl?

I have seen it labeled as a CD on a different website, but in that picture it looks like vinyl to me, but that is all speculation.
Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 05:23:56 PM »

i think its just a cd in a sleeve with a vinyl like label to mimic a 7".  but ill follow up with more soon.

"No more robots, no more talking with computers.  This song was recorded on a computer... There's so much wrong with that.
stonge9
Each Coming Night

stonge9
Email
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 05:50:26 PM »

i think its just a cd in a sleeve with a vinyl like label to mimic a 7".  but ill follow up with more soon.

yeah that seems more like the case, either way, would be nice to get our hands on it.
ddn12

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 06:09:01 PM »

I suppose so. 18 tracks (one being Trapeze Swinger) would probably have to be a double LP, which I don't see happening. I'm still hoping though! Does anyone know where to find a list of record stores participating in "Record Store Day"?
farmolio
Beneath The Balcony

Email
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 06:21:24 PM »

I suppose so. 18 tracks (one being Trapeze Swinger) would probably have to be a double LP, which I don't see happening. I'm still hoping though! Does anyone know where to find a list of record stores participating in "Record Store Day"?

If you're in DC, I know Crooked Beat in Adams Morgan is participating.  They have a list of potential releases on the wall there which includes an Iron and Wine live CD and a Tom Waits 7 inch.  Exciting, eh?

scared and stupid
ddn12

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 06:28:57 PM »

Nice. I figured they would be doing it, I just wanted to see if I could confirm it before I went over there. Thanks!
stonge9
Each Coming Night

stonge9
Email
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 08:46:15 PM »

www.recordstoreday.com
farmolio
Beneath The Balcony

Email
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 01:34:52 AM »

Here's a list of the Record Store Day releases my local record store has sent out:

Pretenders 7"
Camera Obscura 7"
Elvis Perkins 7"
Sonic Youth/Jay Reatard 7"
Sonic Youth/Beck 7"
Pavement - Live in Germany LP
Arthur Russell - Love Is LP
Silver Sun Pickups 12"
Tom Waits 7"
Booker T 7"
Bad Religion 7" reissue
Dr Dog/Floating 7"
Loney Dear/Andrew Bird 7"
Cursive/Ladyfinger 7"
Magnolia Electric Company 7"
Gaslight Anthem 10"
Obits 7"
Blitzen Trapper 7"
Vetiver 7"
Iron & Wine CD
Smiths 7" reissue
Stooges 7" reissue
MC5 7" reissue
Modest Mouse 7"
Jenny Lewis/Elvis Costello 7"
V/A - Records Toreism LP (Thrill Jockey Comp)

scared and stupid
Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 03:46:26 PM »

ive moved this to news, and added more official information the the original post.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to: