May 26, 2010, 04:32:14 AM
News: Check out the tees, hoodies, and totes available at Ironandwine.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: video games  (Read 5030 times)
yutzie
Someday The Waves

Your shrimp count's too high! We need white wine!

Email
« on: April 23, 2009, 10:58:23 AM »

does anyone else on here play?

currently i'm playing the 360. i'm loving call of duty: modern warfare, left4dead, and i'm still looking for a good racing game.
also, i purchased a psp because my job occasionally sends me out of town. one of the engineers at work hacked it for me and now i've got every super nintendo game on it. so, i've been wasting ALOT of time recently.
my wife wants to get a wii with some of our tax return. does anyone own one and what do you think of it?

ok, lets see how many nerds there are on PA...

Greate music for greate people.
ddn12
Emilio Estevez Enthusiast

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 11:25:57 AM »

Haha. I moved into a house with some of my law school friends this year and we have an old Nintendo 64 in our basement. So we've been playing a lot of Goldeneye, NBA Hangtime, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, etc. It's been fantastic.
Skeptic
Old Fashioned Speaker
Global Moderator

OMG ITZ BANJO TYME!

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 11:36:43 AM »

I have a 360.  I can't stop playing NHL 09 at the moment, but I also love Left4Dead, Madden 09, and COD: Modern Warfare. 

My brother's family has a Wii and it is wildly entertaining.  The sports game it comes with is awesome.

All I know is that it takes nine months to make a son and about 2.8 seconds to throw him off a roof.
yutzie
Someday The Waves

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 11:43:35 AM »

we've been playing a lot of Goldeneye

the multiplayer was so mindblowing at the time. sometimes i wish i still had roommates. fond memories of post-highschool with that one.

skeptic - are you online? i think we're going to get the infernet in june and then all the little 14 yearold punks better watch out!!

Skeptic
Old Fashioned Speaker
Global Moderator

OMG ITZ BANJO TYME!

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 11:44:33 AM »

Ya, I have Xbox live.  We should light up some zombies.

All I know is that it takes nine months to make a son and about 2.8 seconds to throw him off a roof.
brandie
Upward Over The Mountain

oobrandie327oo
Email
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 11:44:39 AM »

I love my wii.  But I like weird games.  The Star Wars lego is by far my favorite......
Skeptic
Old Fashioned Speaker
Global Moderator

OMG ITZ BANJO TYME!

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 11:46:10 AM »

Oh man.  My nephew loves the Star Wars lego game.  It does kick ass.

brandie
Upward Over The Mountain

oobrandie327oo
Email
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 11:48:29 AM »

lol, great, i'm on the same level as a child,  thanks, ben

no no just kidding, i like easier games like that that are kind of like a puzzle to figure out, plus if the games to hard to get too mad and that's just not fun
ddn12
Emilio Estevez Enthusiast

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 11:59:32 AM »

So wait. What is this lego game?
Mitch
Full Grown Man
Global Moderator

kmf504
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 12:05:57 PM »

De Blob is pretty fun for wii, I was the goldeneye stacks master. RPG WITH ODDJOB? WHAT!?!?

"Dress Sexy At My Funeral, My Good Wife" Bill Callahan
yutzie
Someday The Waves

Email
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 12:10:26 PM »

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/24467
awesome drunk guy singing on rock band

skeptic- i'll report back to you when i'm online. i love how l4d takes place in our fair city, too. fallout released a DLC that takes place in post apocalyptic pittsburgh, as well. it's about time we got recognized as the zombie infested, radioactive wasteland that we are.
brandi- i LOVE the kid games. lego star wars is one of my favorites. i agree that it's no fun playing a game if you get pissed off. (i usually adjust the difficulty setting to easy so that doesn't happen)

Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 03:27:30 PM »

i have an xbox 360 too.  been obsessed with nhl 09.  ben, im gonna get live soon so we can play.  i do most of my playing offline cuz i dont really like playing strangers, but if i can play you guys im in.  i play madden 09, guitar hero, and some FPS a lot too.  planning on getting fallout 3 this summer.

"No more robots, no more talking with computers.  This song was recorded on a computer... There's so much wrong with that.
brandie
Upward Over The Mountain

oobrandie327oo
Email
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 04:13:29 PM »

So wait. What is this lego game?

its awesome, lol

lego indiana jones was decent

lego batman is okay

but lego starwars i was addicted to hardcore until i got everything i possibly could.  its really neat how close to the movies the game plot is too
Skeptic
Old Fashioned Speaker
Global Moderator

OMG ITZ BANJO TYME!

Email
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 07:06:35 PM »

i have an xbox 360 too.  been obsessed with nhl 09.  ben, im gonna get live soon so we can play.  i do most of my playing offline cuz i dont really like playing strangers, but if i can play you guys im in.  i play madden 09, guitar hero, and some FPS a lot too.  planning on getting fallout 3 this summer.

Ya, I've played some people in Madden.  I do alright, but mostly it's 13 year old kids who know nothing about sports but a ton about hitting buttons, so it's not really cool when you have a ball-carrier wrapped up but he breaks 8 tackles for a seventy yard touchdown.  True story.  Haven't tried NHL09 online yet, but we could be on the same team which is a sweet feature.  It's a much better game than Madden, IMHO.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 07:08:06 PM by skepticsightsten » Logged

Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 07:13:47 PM »

yea i hear theres tons of sweet online features for nhl 09.  nhl 09 is probably the best sports game ive ever played (right behind nhl 98).  well have to go through and try shit out ben.  i think you can do a be a pro mode online with friends.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 07:18:55 PM by Brett » Logged

"No more robots, no more talking with computers.  This song was recorded on a computer... There's so much wrong with that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
Print
Jump to: