May 26, 2010, 02:40:37 PM
News: Check out the tees, hoodies, and totes available at Ironandwine.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: The concerts thread...who are you going to see?  (Read 2312 times)
farmolio
Beneath The Balcony

Email
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 07:56:54 PM »

Whitmore is very good live, though.  But I agree about J Tillman- he's a very dynamic performer.  Really great range.

scared and stupid
hannah
Anyone up for tetherball?

rawkstarr101
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 10:17:10 PM »

I'm going to see AA Bondy tonight! Wooooo!

She knew she was able to fly, because when she came down she had dust on her hands from the sky.
farmolio
Beneath The Balcony

Email
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 10:03:40 PM »

Mountain Goats tomorrow, Bowerbirds Saturday.

Maybe Elvis Perkins Wednesday?  God, it's good to be back in civilization after 6 months in northern NY.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

scared and stupid
farmolio
Beneath The Balcony

Email
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 10:38:46 AM »

The Mountain Goats were amazing.  I've seen them/him a few times, and this was the best by far.

But the opener was Final Fantasy.  I hadn't ever really listened to him/them before--  are they always this terrible?  Or was it a bad night?

scared and stupid
davidlynchaholic
Resident Film Critic

Bonnie 'Prince' Billies

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 05:37:53 PM »

Bill Callahan tomorrow.
Mitch
Full Grown Man
Global Moderator

kmf504
WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 05:53:43 PM »

Bill Callahan tomorrow.

Soooo jealous.

"Dress Sexy At My Funeral, My Good Wife" Bill Callahan
hannah

rawkstarr101
WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 09:24:40 PM »

Agreed!

She knew she was able to fly, because when she came down she had dust on her hands from the sky.
davidlynchaholic
Resident Film Critic

Bonnie 'Prince' Billies

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2009, 05:35:44 AM »

The Bill Callahan show was only $8.  Ridiculous.  And there were maybe 80 people in the room.  Good times.
whiteshaw
Upward Over The Mountain

Email
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2009, 06:44:28 PM »

The Pogues on Thursday

Bartlet for America
farmolio
Beneath The Balcony

Email
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2009, 06:33:10 AM »

The Bill Callahan show was only $8.  Ridiculous.  And there were maybe 80 people in the room.  Good times.
The Pogues on Thursday

Crazy on that 8 buck Callahan show.  I'm envious.

Have fun with the Pogues....  saw them on St. Pat's in DC, and Shane was completely unintelligible but brilliant at the same time.  Lots of fun.

I'm going to see Gil Scott Heron on Saturday, for those of you into black militant funk/proto-hip hop.

scared and stupid
burtondevore
16, Maybe Less

Email
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2009, 04:38:07 PM »

I saw Jim James, Connor Oberst, Mike Mogis and M. Ward at the palace on Halloween. It was the sickest show ive seen in a while. The best part was when they left the stage for a brief intermission only to return in full KISS attire for a short tribute set. My life is complete haha.

Please remember me....
Mitch
Full Grown Man
Global Moderator

kmf504
WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2009, 04:55:46 PM »

I saw Jim James, Connor Oberst, Mike Mogis and M. Ward at the palace on Halloween. It was the sickest show ive seen in a while. The best part was when they left the stage for a brief intermission only to return in full KISS attire for a short tribute set. My life is complete haha.

I read an article on Pitchfork I believe, about that show. They had a video somewhere of the show. Sounds pretty rediculous.

By the by welcome, friend.

"Dress Sexy At My Funeral, My Good Wife" Bill Callahan
hannah

rawkstarr101
WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2009, 06:32:58 PM »

Oh my god! I wish the Monsters show I was at could have had that... otherwise, still quite an incredible show they put on, right?

And welcome to PA  Cheesy

whiteshaw
Upward Over The Mountain

Email
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2009, 08:47:43 PM »

The Pogues on Thursday
Have fun with the Pogues....  saw them on St. Pat's in DC, and Shane was completely unintelligible but brilliant at the same time.  Lots of fun.

I'm going to see Gil Scott Heron on Saturday, for those of you into black militant funk/proto-hip hop.
[/quote]

A Celtic fan, like his old man.

Bartlet for America
hannah

rawkstarr101
WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »

I'm going to see Andrew Bird tonight (at my church?!) and he's doing a very unique show. It's solo and mostly instrumental, focused on him doing crazy soundscapes or something. I'm really excited because our cathedral has incredible acoustics so all the stuff he does with the spinning tremolo horn thing should sound absolutely amazing. Woo!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Jump to: