May 26, 2010, 04:32:19 AM
News: Check out the tees, hoodies, and totes available at Ironandwine.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Fourth Annual PassingAfternoon.com Secret Santa Mixtape  (Read 2422 times)
Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« on: November 22, 2009, 11:25:39 PM »

well, its time to start setting up this years secret santa mixtape.  everyone has enjoyed this over the years so it is back by popular demand, and i encourage everyone to participate because everyone had a lot of fun with it the last few years.  what the secret santa mixtape is, is an anonymous mixtape exchange between members of the site.  this works by everyone compiling a mixtape however they wish (themed or not themed, whichever you choose), sending it to me either through an upload host website (ex: megaupload) or requesting to upload to the site ftp (whichever is easiest for you), and then the mixtapes are randomly assigned to be sent to another participant.  the whole process is anonymous, so you know who you are making the mixtape for (so you can customize it if you wish) but you do not know who you are receiving a mixtape from.

the process is outlined as followed:

1.  anyone and everyone can participate in this mixtape exchange.  to sign up, just PM me saying that youd like to participate.  saying you want to do this in this thread does not secure you a spot in participating.  ill be accepting sign ups until december 4, 2009.  you may not sign up after that date.

2.  pairings will be randomly assigned and given out december 6, 2009.  i will PM everyone who they will be making mixtapes to.  please do not tell the person that you are making it for, this will ruin the fun of the entire premise.

3.  the mixtapes are due in to me no later than december 20, 2009.  anyone that can not make that date may contact me no later than 1 week before that date to discuss a possible extension.  although i encourage everyone to compile the mixtape prior to the due date so that i have time to prepare them for distribution.

4.  mixtapes will be sent out through PM on december 23, 2009.

mixtape format/guidelines

-  all songs must be in the .mp3 format.  this is to ensure that everyone will be able to play them natively.

-  the mixtape should be no shorter than 40 minutes, and no longer than 80 minutes.  this is to provide enough content to make it worthwhile for the listener, and not too much so the listener will happily listen to every song without tiring from too many songs.

-  a tracklist is required along with the mixtape.  this should be a simple .txt file and is so that the listener knows what the song is and can find it if they really like.  here is a template for what the file should look like - Mixtape Tracklist Template.  please follow this template when submitting your mixtape.

-  mixtapes should not include more than 2 songs by a single artist.  preferably your mixtape should only include one song from an artist, but 2 songs is acceptable.  also, please do not include any iron & wine songs.  since this is an iron & wine site people here are familiar with the songs, and a lot of the fun in the mixtape is exposing people to new artists and songs.

*more guidelines may follow, please check back for updates.

if you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask.

confirmed participants

alyboo
billy
brett
christian
ddn12
hannah
jeff
mitch
mradford.505
mr. potroast
skepticsightsten
veritas
whiteshaw
xtina1982
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:07:47 PM by Brett » Logged

"No more robots, no more talking with computers.  This song was recorded on a computer... There's so much wrong with that.
hannah
Anyone up for tetherball?

rawkstarr101
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 12:53:56 PM »

sign me up!! I also PM'd you Brett. I just got overexcited and wrote it here, too  Cheesy

She knew she was able to fly, because when she came down she had dust on her hands from the sky.
billy
ladykiller

billyc0417
Email
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 02:45:55 PM »

Wow.. this will be my 3rd or 4th year running for this? How time flies

She was a washcloth wet with love
I was not, she was mine
Iím in the olive tree next door
riverís up to my eyes
Christian
Those Poor Emo's

hates you

ah+poor+bird
Email
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 05:01:07 PM »

Suddenly I feel old.
Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 10:36:44 PM »

im just glad you guys are still interested in this.  cant believe its the 4th year tho.  first one is lost on the old site  Cry .

well have to change it up and go big for next year, the big 5 year anniversary.

"No more robots, no more talking with computers.  This song was recorded on a computer... There's so much wrong with that.
xtina1982
Sunset Soon Forgotten

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 06:43:42 AM »

i can't wait.  i think this'll be fun.   Grin

"...the point is, to live everything. live the questions now. perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer." - rainer maria rilke
Zingoleb
Beneath The Balcony

You looked.

TreehuggingZing EZingoleb@yahoo.com
Email
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 03:29:55 AM »

Can I make an actual mixtape and mail it someone?  Cheesy

The word gullible is written under my avatar!
mr_potroast
Upward Over The Mountain

mr_potroast@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 04:21:22 AM »

I love this  Grin, I've been looking forward to it all year
Mitch
Full Grown Man
Global Moderator

kmf504
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 12:26:28 PM »

I'll follow the rules this year I promise. Last year I lost my entire music collection just before the contest and only had what I own in hard copies to work with. This year my collection has again become impressive, and I feel that I can please someone (not in a sexual/musical way, just in a sexual/christmas way).

"Dress Sexy At My Funeral, My Good Wife" Bill Callahan
Zingoleb
Beneath The Balcony

You looked.

TreehuggingZing EZingoleb@yahoo.com
Email
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 12:32:17 PM »

Hi Mitch.

The word gullible is written under my avatar!
Jeff
asshole #2
Administrator

will-o-the-wisp

sailinjeffnk
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 01:49:45 PM »

sexual/christmas is my favorite holiday.

hannah
Anyone up for tetherball?

rawkstarr101
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 04:12:18 PM »

I'll follow the rules this year I promise. Last year I lost my entire music collection just before the contest and only had what I own in hard copies to work with. This year my collection has again become impressive, and I feel that I can please someone (not in a sexual/musical way, just in a sexual/christmas way).

Yea, I was sad things fell through for you. I made you a damn good mix but Aly got to enjoy it instead!

She knew she was able to fly, because when she came down she had dust on her hands from the sky.
Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 09:17:10 PM »

just a few more days to sign up for this.  dont miss it, youll regret it.

brandie
Upward Over The Mountain

oobrandie327oo
Email
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 09:59:28 PM »

is that a threat

lol, looking forward to this as always, always fun to listen, but again not participating cuz i suck at making mix tapes
Brett
I Am Not The Moon
Administrator

bpjeep24
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 10:34:47 PM »

pssh, i should not post them this year so you lazy people that dont make them dont get to hear them either.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Jump to: