May 26, 2010, 04:30:55 AM
News: Check out the tees, hoodies, and totes available at Ironandwine.com
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Hi Everyone  (Read 322 times)
Jen
16, Maybe Less

Email
« on: May 11, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »

Just wanted to post a quick intro. My name is Jen. I've been a HUGE fan of Iron & Wine since a friend introduced me to OEND in 2004. I can't believe I just now found this site. I live in Charlottesville, so I was lucky enough to see the show on the 4th. AMAZING!
I look forward to checking out the site.
Christian
Those Poor Emo's

hates you

ah+poor+bird
Email
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 09:19:36 PM »

Hello, hello, and welcome.

Charlottesville, VA?  I was just there for a while in January.  What a great town/I love the sub place right by UVA.
hannah
Anyone up for tetherball?

rawkstarr101
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:00:45 PM »

Hey Jen! Welcome to PA! Glad you finally stumbled upon our nice little community here  Smiley

She knew she was able to fly, because when she came down she had dust on her hands from the sky.
MRadford.505
Beneath The Balcony

Sounds fun.

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 11:56:17 PM »

Welcome. People here call me "amazing," but my name is really just "Michael." Welcome to PA!

"And let These Our Words speak forth from the dirt, lest our feet ever leave the ground."
mr_potroast
Upward Over The Mountain

mr_potroast@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 05:18:23 AM »

Howdy  Cheesy
xtina1982
Sunset Soon Forgotten

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 06:55:38 AM »

*waves*  Smiley

"...the point is, to live everything. live the questions now. perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer." - rainer maria rilke
Skeptic
Old Fashioned Speaker
Global Moderator

OMG ITZ BANJO TYME!

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 10:08:37 AM »

HAY GURL HAAAAAYYYYY.

All I know is that it takes nine months to make a son and about 2.8 seconds to throw him off a roof.
Jen
16, Maybe Less

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 10:25:20 AM »

Thanks for the welcome.
Michael thanks for the heads up. I would have assumed everyone was referring to me as awesome.  Wink That could have been embarrassing.
Charlottesville, VA is a great town. I've lived here for 6 years & love it. Can't get any better than Sam playing 3 miles from my house!! 
Mitch
Full Grown Man
Global Moderator

kmf504
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 11:42:37 AM »

Benny, stole my welcome, so hello Jen.

"Dress Sexy At My Funeral, My Good Wife" Bill Callahan
Christian
Those Poor Emo's

hates you

ah+poor+bird
Email
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 12:35:27 PM »

Mitch likes Ayn Rand, watch out.
MRadford.505
Beneath The Balcony

Sounds fun.

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 01:27:07 PM »

Hahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahah!

My day is made.

"And let These Our Words speak forth from the dirt, lest our feet ever leave the ground."
Jen
16, Maybe Less

Email
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 01:50:16 PM »

Seriously? Wish we had people like her around today. Can you imagine what she'd be saying about our current political & economic situation?!
Skeptic
Old Fashioned Speaker
Global Moderator

OMG ITZ BANJO TYME!

Email
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 09:57:39 PM »

(It's actually kind of her fault we're in this. She directly advised and influenced Greenspan on the whole 'hands off' policy that he and his associates took towards the economy, which he then came out and completely renounced after the economic meltdown, admitting that it was wrong.)

All I know is that it takes nine months to make a son and about 2.8 seconds to throw him off a roof.
Jen
16, Maybe Less

Email
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 10:11:16 AM »

lol, maybe we should start a new thread. The government hasn't been hands off our economy in decades. Demanding a certain % of loans be to those who can't afford them got us into this mess. You can blame it on Jimmy Carter & the Fair Housing Act. Greenspan was appointed head of the Fed by Reagan.  A completely hands off free market would not have any gvmt telling them who to loan to. Technically we've been living under an corporatism not capitalism.
Sorry, I'm a devout libertarian. I'll leave it at that.
Skeptic
Old Fashioned Speaker
Global Moderator

OMG ITZ BANJO TYME!

Email
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 10:48:10 AM »

Oh, I can relate with the liberatarianism. At the same time, however, it wasn't necessarily the lending to those who couldn't afford it, it was the hedge funds buying up the CDO's that those mortgages were spit into and then the hedge funds betting against them. Also, back in the 90's when Brooksley Born tried to warn Greenspan and Co. about the over-the-counter derivatives and how they could devastate the market (because they're essentially bullshit), they all told her to shut up and forced her to resign because the big guys were making the big money, so how could it fail? Sorry, just finished up a macroeconomics course, so my brain is farting out the information. Anyways, at this point, it'd kind of be impossible for the government to be hands off. I dunno. I wanna move to Greece, so that our economic problems seem petty.

I mainly hate Ayn Rand cause she wasn't that foxy.

Thread derailleur anyone?

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: